Construction accidents are one of the most common causes of incidence in the workplace, they bring great consequences at the physical level for injuries suffered at the time of the accident, others for unforeseen expenses and finally the stress they cause economically and psychologically, says the best Prince William Virginia personal injury lawyer. Some of the different types of construction accidents include:
- Falls:those that happen from certain heights of a building, either scaffolding, stairs, walkways or others.
- Slip and fall accidents:produced by debris, uneven floors, remains of materials and some substances that have been spilled in the work area.
- Fall of debris or objects:Related to tools, waste, and some type of material that can fall from a platform, roof and / or scaffolding.
- For electrification, fire and explosion:Those linked to the exposure of cables or high voltage lines.
- Accidents by entrapment:Those linked to the worker’s body when trapped or stuck between objects and heavy loads or vehicles such as forklifts. Another common cause is for collapse. Other types of accidents are those that occur with machinery and vehicles, says the best Prince William Virginia personal injury lawyer.
On December 29, 1970, under the management of President Richard Nixon, the OSH Act was signed, from which OSHA is derived, a federal program in charge of the administration of occupational health and safety.
The OSH Act encourages states to create and manage their own occupational safety and health programs, covers the majority of employers and workers in 50 states, as well as some of the territories and jurisdictions under the protection of the federal government.
According to the best Prince William Virginia personal injury lawyer, OSHA oversees and approves state plans, and provides 50% of the budget for occupational health and safety committees. On the other hand, it has the power to cover employers and workers in the private sector, through its federal program directly and indirectly, or through a state plan under the approval of the institution. This federal program provides other types of coverage to certain workers who do not enter the state plan; for example, those of some states that work in maritime industries or military bases.
The ultimate goal of this law is to reduce the rate of construction accidents and other work, as they can lead to cases of motor disability and even death. For this, it establishes and applies standards through educational training and provides legal assistance for its due compliance, says the best Prince William Virginia personal injury lawyer.
To determine the amount of compensation that an injured employee can recover, the best Prince William Virginia personal injury lawyers use past earnings reports to calculate how much the employee is owed for wages not received. Examples of damages may include past and future medical expenses, plus unearned wages, physical pain and mental anguish and disfigurement, and physical disability and more. The personal injury law seeks to locate the injured victims in the same circumstances they were in before the injury occurred.