Child Pornography Laws in Maryland
Under section 11-207 of Maryland Criminal Code, which oversees the child pornography or its offense:
- In any way, if a minor is involved in any kind of production of explicit matter or there is a display of a minor involved in sadomasochistic abuse or sexual conduct
- Photographing or filming a minor involving in any of the mentioned situations
- Use a computer to portray a minor or describing a minor engaging in any of the explicit conducts
- Any form of promotion, selling, advertisement, keeping possession, distribution, and solicitation of a child in which he is involved in any sexual or explicit activity is a crime
There are a few different laws which collide with the child pornography laws once the crime takes place;
- Sexual Exploitation of Children (production of child pornography) [18 U.S. Code Section 2251]
- Selling and Buying of Children [18 U.S. Code Section 2251A]
- Certain activities relating to material constituting or containing child pornography, which can include offenses such as online solicitation [18 U.S. Code Section 2252A]
- Production of sexually explicit depictions of a minor for importation into the United States [18 U.S. Code Section 2260]
When do you need a Maryland Federal Child Pornography Lawyer?
In the past few years, the child pornography laws, sex crime laws, and sex offense laws have become more severe and now contain serious penalties more than ever. People get accused of keeping possession of child pornography or involved in its production, distribution, or even solicitation can face very severe charges. If a person is found guilty of child pornography, then be ready to face the long imprisonment and heavy fines. Not only this, committing any felony crime which is a sexual offense, put the defendant in sex offender list and history which will remain with you for the rest of your being. Situations like these forces you to have a lawyer who can deal with the pressure and the charges you are facing. In this case, a Federal Child Pornography Lawyer should be the one you are about to seek. Finding a Federal Child Pornography Lawyer isn’t hard to find in Maryland.
Federal investigators collect all of the evidence they need, and you must know how to react or how to talk to them. For that, a Federal child pornography lawyer would do the job perfectly. The forensic department will search your computer if needed or if there is possession of child pornography in compact disc (CD) then it will be included in search too. The investigative department will also look into:
- How many times you have visited the child pornography website
- How explicit the images are
- How old your research is and how frequent it was
- If there is any chat room or other thing related to the child pornography so the other involved persons can be captured
- The number of images of child pornography in your computer
In all these situations, you have to seek a federal child pornography lawyer if the case goes to the Federal Court. If not, you can hire a local lawyer or the state court lawyers who aren’t hard to find in any state of United States.